Our main focus in Greece is the development of well-trained national leaders. Being the only Bible institution in Greece, the Greek Bible College serves the Greek evangelical churches in a substantial way; yet the staff is limited and the task is great. By joining the faculty, we contribute to the training and equipping of future spiritual leaders, as well as to the formation of their character and thought.
The Greek Bible College
The Greek Bible College was founded by Greater Europe Mission in the late 1970s. The school offers biblical, theological and practical training to believers in Greece, in order for them to become adequately equipped for service. Along with education, the school also cares for the development of the student’s character and thought.
The Greek Bible College consists of about a total of 30-40 students each year and currently offers a degree comparable to Bachelor (B.Th.) through the accreditation of the European Evangelical Accrediting Association. The school has recently been licensed by the Greek government to function as a college.
Some of the tasks we are involved in at the Greek Bible College:
- Develop well-trained national leaders through teaching and training
- Form the character of the students through discipleship and missions
- Develop a placement program that will smooth the transition between school and ministry
- Provide ongoing theological education for existing churches
- Write and publish Christian books in the Greek language
We are reminded that this ministry is not ours, but the Lord’s, whose truth we are charged to entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others (2 Timothy 2:2).